11-Oct-2011 : Today was an interesting day and will be one of the most cherished moments of my life. Our company had invited 30 gifted children from Center for Social Action, Christ College (CSA) a part of Dream A Dream (http://www.dreamadream.org/) organization. Our whole IT team had organized a Potluck lunch and Color A Tshirt event for these kids. The whole exercise was to get know these kids, understand them and make them realize their dreams. So by 12:15 we saw a stream of kids with enthusiasm enter our office floor and headed towards Pantry where we had arranged a variety of lunch and served them. The naughty ones opened up very quickly and asked for more sweets and food while the rest enjoyed their lunch. Next up the volunteers from Dream a Dream and CSA showed us a 10 minute video clip describing about their voluntary work and their involvement with the kids for a brighter future. Then we had to pair up with a kid and do a quick round of introduction and then get involved in painting a TREE of their dreams. I got a chance to know a silent 10 year old kid “Deepa” who had a very clear dream of becoming a teacher and helping kids learn the basics. She also had a dream of owning a “Scooty” by her own earnings and teach dance in her spare time. I was rather dumb stuck for a minute on the stuffs she had planned for life. Believe me if you had asked the same question when I was 10, I would have said playing cricket/football after school. I had never thought of becoming a software engineer at the age of 10. To incorporate all her dreams in the form of TREE, she wrote her parents, sister and brothers names as the root, she portrayed herself as the trunk of the tree and the leaves were the dreams. It was quite a painting she had done in an hour. By the end of the day all the kids had their painting done with the help of their volunteers and portrayed them. Some of their ideas were so bright, brilliant and innovative. One of the kid wanted to join military and serve our country so he drew a military man holding a gun on top as the trunk of the tree and Sun on the top explaining the sun rays (blessings of his wellbeing) as the power to achieve his dream. Another kid had drawn a tree and below it had a building with a banner “Welcome to Bharath’s Clinic”. There were some brilliant paintings and ideas which were shared by the kids. Hope these kids remember this day and achieve their dreams. A small help from our side would make someone happy then I would certainly be a part of this and want to do more. This quote by Winston Churchill ends a perfect day.
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”- Winston Churchill
What a year 2010 has been. Lot of changes in my life . Here are some of the highlights of 2010.
- Countless trips in and around bangalore.
- Changed my company twice.
- Cycling to work.
- Missed the Singapore trip.. Postponed to next year.. Wifey upset about this..
- Work life got crazy off late.
- Crazy planning and ambitions.. Started to search for a house.. Yeah.. Finally its time to buy a house.
- My Swift got a makeover with leather seat covers, Rear spoilers, air filter.
- Top Speed of 160kmph in car, 58kmph in my cycle.
- Fracture at my 5th meta carpel, root canal..
- Got rid of my crappy iphone and back to sony. I hate google for releasing Nexus S so late. Hmm is it my next phone, not yet decided.
- First night drive – crazy trip it was. 8 hours of night drive and 14k trek to top.
- A photo book of my wife which she is still a bit angry on some photo selections.
- Started playing football. I wish i could play on most of the weekends.
Some of the stuffs i need to get out of my head and make it a reality next year.
- Buy a house.
- Singapore trip.
- Nexus S
Roaming around office and i find people hooked onto headsets listening to songs. I guess majority of them are downloaded illegally. For all those who don’t want to do it illegally and listen to some good English songs online go onto http://listen.grooveshark.com/. Its a pretty good site which has all the latest and popular numbers in there. You can create a playlist and listen to them or listen to your favorite genre in radio inbuilt to the site.
A blood spilling movie and a treat by RGV. The 1st part was has nice cinematography and good acting by Vivek.A good start to his married life i guess and a turn around to his fortunes.. 🙂 Based on true story events of Paritala Ravindra, this shows how our politics is. For a politician playing with life is like how we play counter strike on our comp. Start killing your enemy to win. The movie is all about a Rajendra Gupta a minority gets brutally killed for raising his voice in a party and his elder son Sushant Singh get murdered for continuing his protest against them. Thats when Vivek oberoi steps in to get his revenge. Hez been backed up by a politician where he continues his dominance of underworld by being in politics. If you are weak hearted better be away from this movie. The movie ended abruptly with highlights of the next part which is getting released on nov 19th.. Well would this movie lead to a disaster i guess not.. It might not be a blockbuster but would surely be a hit movie and hats off to RGV for making a bold movie like this.
- Changed the company again. Its my second this year. Made this decision all by myself without consulting anyone.
- Long nights and weekend working has started within 2 weeks of joining.
- 46 posts on wordpress since i started blogging 1 year back.
Travel and Sights
- Not much this month. Just went on a long drive on Mysore road and came back.
- New job handed me a nice E4300 Dell laptop. Its a pretty compact durable laptop which has blown my HP mean machine in terms of performance.
- Stanley leather seat cover for my car. Though it was costly and had to wait for more than a year but decided to go for the best. The seats look pretty impressive now and more comfortable.
- Did a photo book of my wife and it has come out pretty impressive and was worth the money.
- We are a family – Total crap movie. Not worth the money. Dont know why people in the theater were so emotional. Me and my wife just made comedy of every scene.
- Once upon a time in Mumbai – A nice movie. Did not get a chance to watch it on big screen but my 30 inch tv was fine for this.
- Peepli Live – Could not watch more than 20 minutes. Switched off.
- Dabaang – Movie made for Salmaan. Total entertainment with crazy one liners and worth the money. After 3 flops on big screen finally got to see a good movie.
- Did not play much of football or cycled this month. Was too busy with work.
- Saw fernando take top step of the podium on 2 occasion
- Surprised to see Berbatov score a hatrick against Liverpool
- Eat out
- 1st time went out to Lokaruchi for dinner. The hotel was pretty empty compared to the afternoons. Had a nice dinner and drive back home
- Greek Oak – friends party and the food was horrible. Lot of pepper on all the salads and the main course was too bland.
- Roti Ghar – Had butter kulcha and paneer butter masala after a long time and it was a treat for my tastebuds.
It had been a very long time since me and my wife had gone out for a movie. The last adventure was a flop “RAAVAN”. I was busy shifting the company again and my wife had got busy with her college work. Never got a time to spend some time out or go out for a long drive. After settling down in my new adventure, we decided to first watch a movie on friday and then plan for a long drive on sunday.. I checked out the movies which had got released and came down to Pancharangi or Dabaang or We are a Family.. My wife being a KJ fan and assuming there would be some comedy as the trailers were promising we decided for We are a family. The movie started off with close up shots of Kareena and Arjun Rampal driving an Audi and some exotic locations. Well thats it, that was all the good part of the movie, the rest of the movie was a total crap with crying and crying and more crying. Me and my wife was so bugged that we made a comedy of every sad scenes. A total waste of money. I would say “Raavan” was much better than “We are family” Ill surely do some research before seeing another movie..
Many of us would use water bottles in office and how many would take it to home and clean it regularly?? Not many i guess.I am certainly not that type. I keep using the same bottle till you have silt in the bottom, then out of blue i realize that my bottle needs to be cleaned. Cleaning water bottles may seem like an easy task to everyone, but the bottles do mysteriously get dirty when we only put water in them.The tough part is to remove the stains present in the bottom. Now the circus starts. Soak the bottle in soap water, use bottle brushes to clean the bottle and after all these you still find small stains in the bottom and sides where the brush cant reach :). Well i have a simple solution to all these and you can do this in office itself. My trick is to add luke warm water, hand soap or rather any soap, bits and pieces of paper and shake vigorously. Paper being good absorbent absorbs all the dirt when shaken and your bottle looks like new 🙂 Make sure that you dry the bottle before reusing it again.